Each season, as RCSSC's membership grows, so must our team of Game Co-ordinators (GCs)! Purpose of the GC role:
GCs are responsible for the following:
- To create and maintain an environment where members are sure to have fun, be active and connect with new people
- To continuously improve the member experience - to make every member feel like a valued member of the club
- To inform and engage members in all RCSSC offers and activities, including partner deals and club events
- To keep our members safe on the court/field
- To protect our facilities from theft or damage
- Ensuring that all members are prioritizing player safety and playing with a first-and-foremost-for-fun attitude
- Promoting RCSSC events and activities each week – sharing information about the events and how to register, answering members questions
- Helping teams resolve rule disputes, if any – GCs are not officials – we are there to ensure that fun and safety is every player's priority
- Opening up and locking up the facilities where we play (when no facility oversight, such as a school custodian, is available)
- Setting up equipment for league play, as required (depends on the sport)
- Ensuring the field/gym areas are safe for play
- Helping captains provide first aid, if needed
Required Skills / Characteristics / Experience:
- Able to create a sense of belonging and connection among members
- A Fun Factor - outgoing, friendly, positive and a big personality are a must
- Able to diffuse competition and conflict to protect player safety and fun
- Strong presence on the field, confidence, maturity, preparedness, creditable, reliable
- Always objective and fair
- Ability to generate interest and motivate member participation in great activities and community events
The Game Coordinator must be available to work for the entire season, on all nights on which the specific league to which the GC is staffed plays (for example, every Wed night of the dodgeball league). Click here for a schedule of RCSSC's Leagues.
GCs must have their own transportation to and from the league facilities.
This is a paid position, hourly. Game Co-ordinators also receive a discount on RCSSC league fees.
Members of RCSSC will be given preference for GC opportunities.
No experience playing sport is required, but an interest in and knowledge of sports is an asset.
If you are qualified, available for the full season, and interested please send your resume with subject line "GC APPLICATION: Your Full Name" to firstname.lastname@example.org today!